iPad Pro stuck booting

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Justaguy48, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Justaguy48 macrumors member

Has anyone had their 13inch iPad Pro get stuck booting on iOS 11?

2. carlcool macrumors newbie

My 9.7 inch iPad Pro is stuck with Apple symbol after loading iOs11. Turning off or soft reset don't work. Anyone with solutions?

3. ViP3l2 macrumors newbie

4. Justaguy48 thread starter macrumors member

i know it’s a beta, but I feel like a beta should at least boot up.

The weird thing is that when my iPad died yesterday it booted up fine.

5. sponch macrumors member

Same here. Only restore via iTunes helped

6. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

My 9.7 Pro is stuck too. It was working fine until it suddenly crashed. I ended up putting it in recovery mode "updating" to 10.3.2 in iTunes. However, as soon as I updated back to 11 beta 1, it got stuck on the Apple logo again.

7. carlcool macrumors newbie

Yes. Restored to factory settings via iTunes but then restoring to an iCloud back-up required going back to older back-ups as the recent back-ups from yesterday seemed to vestiges of iOs11 so that the restored iPad, now with iOs 10.3.2 couldn't use them. Debating whether to try again or just wait for a few more beta updates since this may be a common problem.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 6, 2017 ---
    Thanks. This was exactly my experience. carl

8. firewire9000 macrumors regular

**** me, I had this problem in my iPhone this morning. I had to restore. Now it happened again. Another restore. **** that, I’m going back to iOS 10.

9. roblawton macrumors 6502

I had the exact same issue with my iPhone 7 Plus last night. Had to restore (update) via iTunes to 10.3.2 and then restore from iCloud backup.

Gonna give it another try tonight to see if it's any different.

10. Justaguy48 thread starter macrumors member

it feels like back when I would do tethered jailbreaks and every time I restarted I had to plug it into my computer.

11. ChuChuRitzy macrumors newbie

12. daio macrumors regular

daio

Same problem with my iPad Pro 9.7" - not a boot loop but nothing other than apple logo. My iMac sees it online but cannot connect without passcode. Was hoping not to have to restore but that's looking like the only option for me now. Weirdly I cannot switch it off, I thought that with the two button hard reset, that it would stay turned off until I hit the power button but that's not the case, it restarts by itself.

I had no problems at all with it until I unplugged the lightning cable from it this morning. Instant screen flicker followed by spinning wheel to permanent apple logo.

13. fullauto macrumors 6502a

fullauto

Same problem with mini 4. Constant shut downs when idle, home button doesn’t trigger home screen, have to use the power button to wake/get the screen ‘on’ then it boots to apple logo, takes a while to get to password screen. Problems charging too, it’s taken 14 hours on charge to get to 62%. Have had to hard reset 5-6 times since install 24 hours ago.

14. carlcool macrumors newbie

I read through this thread related to Vodafone SIM card causing the freeze up. I removed the Verizon SIM card from my iPad Pro 9.7 inch, and the upgrade to iOS 11 went smoothly and everything is working fine (of course with no cellular function). I am debating putting the Verizon SIM card back in to see what happens. Carl

15. Justaguy48 thread starter macrumors member

I wish I cloud do that, my pro isn’t cellular. I finally just had to wipe and restore from iCloud backup.

16. carlcool macrumors newbie

An update - put the Verizon SIM back in place and the iPad has continued to work fine for the rest of the afternoon. Still haven’t plugged in a lighten cable to recharge it. But it looks like some with Wi-Fi only iPads are also have this problem - so it can’t be only about SIM cards/carriers.

17. roblawton, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017

roblawton macrumors 6502

Yes! I am on vodafone...! I tried a second time with the same issue. I'll remove the SIM tonight and try again.

3rd time lucky! :D

EDIT: Yes, it was the vodafone SIM which was causing the issue. As soon as it was removed, the install went through fine. As soon as I put the SIM card back in, it crashed and turned the phone off.

Looks like I'm waiting until carrier settings are updated!

18. hansenc macrumors 6502

hansenc

my 12.9" iPad Pro got stuck after taking a screenshot so home/lock button powered it down and now its at the apple logo.

19. VSG macrumors regular

When was the last time you checked?

Surprisingly, there has been a Vodafone carrier update here on Germany this Tuesday (one day after the keynote). I'm running version 28.3. But I'm on iOS 10.3.3 Public Beta so I can't say if it helps with the bug your describing.

Best regards, VSG

20. ChuChuRitzy macrumors newbie

Anyone willing to collect the base band logs?
    Instructions here

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/78600

Let me know if so and I'll upload to my bug report as apple requested the base band logs

I'm back on 10.3.2 so unable to do it

21. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 6502a

H3LL5P4WN

I just ran into this myself. Naturally while I'm at work, so this is going to have to wait until this evening.

22. hansenc macrumors 6502

hansenc

23. ChuChuRitzy macrumors newbie

I've collected the baseband logs and sysdiagnose for apple to look at. I'll update the thread over on the apple developer forums if I hear anything back

24. xsmett macrumors regular

Had same problems with my iPad Air 1 (wifi only) twice so far. First time i did a restore via itunes, second time i just waited and after a few hours it finally booted to the home screen.

25. Aqbll macrumors newbie

Aqbll

This is weird, I went back to iOS 10.3.2 for a week after 3 boot loops and yesterday I gave it a try again. So far the beta is running smoothly contrary to last time. I don’t know what changed.