iPad Pro the Next TouristPad camera OMG

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AstroDrew, Nov 12, 2015.

1. AstroDrew macrumors regular

AstroDrew

I work for a historical restaurant here in San Francisco and tourist are in and out of this place. One of the most common thing I see carried by tourist is their iPads which they use to take pictures. I just find it awkward using an ipad to take pictures. Now that the iPad Pro is out I'm sure I'll be seeing ginormous ipads out in the street with tourist using it to take photos. I just don't think iPads are made for taking photos and definitely not this large iPad Pro.

2. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

i'll be taking site/work photos and reference photos when sketching and painting, but for general vacation/tourism photo use? yup, looks as silly as using it as a cell phone .

3. mikezmac, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015

mikezmac macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

The camera on this ain't all that great. It wasn't very good on the iPad Air either.

4. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I have fun taking pics of people that are taking pics with iPads. Our San Francisco trip last year was a blast out on the Wharf. :D

5. macguy360 macrumors 6502a

Woe woe woe. Wait a second. Anyone using the new iPad Pro to take photos will only be a professional photographer because the iPad Pro is aimed towards Professionals heh.

6. F-Train macrumors member

Which mostly proves that you have never used a large format camera (film or digital back) and do not understand the benefits of seeing a large image before you trigger the shutter.

7. AstroDrew thread starter macrumors regular

AstroDrew

So, since you sound like an expert on "large format cameras" what are the benefit of using iPads and now the iPad pro as your travel camera?

8. AppleWes macrumors 6502

AppleWes

Can't wait to see the first internet memes of these being held up at concerts/events/etc... Talk about self-centered d-bags. :rolleyes:

"No it's ok, I was just planning to watch the entire show on your iPad screen anyways" -person in row behind them.

9. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

they will be this size now.... lol

[​IMG]

10. mi7chy, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015

mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

Joking aside I think it's going to be hugely popular as an all-in-one camera, hand fan, sun shade, GPS foot navigation, food tray, etc.

11. AstroDrew thread starter macrumors regular

AstroDrew

Not surprise if it does happen. Some people are just inconsiderate. I personally experienced this during the SF Giants World Series parade last year where an elderly couple in front of me and my daughter kept taking photo and video of the Giants player while on the stage at city hall. It kept blocking me and other people behind them from seeing what's happening in front of us. My friend who's with us eventually inform them that they're blocking some people watching the event. They were nice enough to put it away.

12. AppleWes macrumors 6502

AppleWes

Being local to Disneyland, I've seen this happen a lot at the park too. Even worse is when people turn on their super bright iPhone LED light/flash to record video of fireworks or dark shows. :confused: