Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oldguru

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
When using the Magic Keyboard, the iPad Pro is in landscape mode, but there are some scenarios where you need to use portrait mode. In this case, how should you support the iPad to standup

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
When using the Magic Keyboard, the iPad Pro is in landscape mode, but there are some scenarios where you need to use portrait mode. In this case, how should you support the iPad to standup

Mind sharing those scenarios?

If you are referring to running smartphone apps that default to portrait orientation (like instagram), one way could be to run them in stage manager mode.

Alternatively, if you find yourself wanting to keep switching modes, the alternative would be to use a stand and wireless keyboard instead.

Reactions: Puonti

oldguru

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
The scenario could be as simple as reading a pdf or browse photo with portrait mode.

As you said, a stand with a foldable keyboard will be the fit, but not a MK

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
If you are referring to running smartphone apps that default to portrait orientation (like instagram), one way could be to run them in stage manager mode.

Alternatively, if you find yourself wanting to keep switching modes, the alternative would be to use a stand and wireless keyboard instead.
When viewing the electronic version of my local paper, it no longer supports landscape mode, when using the iPad version of the Wegmans app it too no longer supports landscape mode as well. If I’m using an app that needs to be in portrait mode for basically viewing only I remove the iPad from the Magic Keyboard leaning it against the Magic Keyboard and continuing to view. Since the MK supports charging for the time the iPad spends in this potion that is not a problem (weigh the power cord). Or as you state I use my Apple bluetooth keyboard.
Since I am currently using a LAB22 iPad stand which rotates into portrait or landscape as well as allows for a writing with pencil position I use my Apple Bluetooth keyboard. The stand supports well and allows me to store the keyboard on the base.

Attachments

• IMG_0404.jpeg
    IMG_0404.jpeg
    582.3 KB · Views: 29
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.