iPad Pro iPad Pro turns on by itself. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iseras, Nov 26, 2015.

1. iseras macrumors member

Anyone have an issue with the iPad Pro's display turning on by itself randomly? Says "Touch ID or Enter password". Seems like it happens when there's activity on another iOS device connected to iCloud.

2. Sobek85 macrumors newbie

Sobek85

3. yalag macrumors 65816

Apple quality is going down the toilet

4. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

Maybe your house is haunted? Or maybe you have a haunted iPad? That sounds like the plot to a really bad Syfy movie, lol.

5. nospleen macrumors 68020

nospleen

I noticed mine would do it when I received a notification, even though it would not display one on the lock screen. I ended up returning mine, but I was unable to find a way to stop it from turning on.

6. munishp macrumors member

munishp

do you guys have a pencil too? Not sure if the auto bluetooth is causing the issue

7. rkulpajr macrumors member

rkulpajr

Same issue here. How about keyboard. Mine didn't start till I got the smart keyboard.

8. macfacts macrumors 68030

macfacts

Maybe it is suppose to do this? "Poor man's" notification light.

9. nospleen macrumors 68020

nospleen

I did have the pencil. I noticed the screen would come on when the Good for enterprise app would get an email. Not sure if it was just that app causing the issue, or if it was an iOS bug. I didn't have it long enough to diagnose.

10. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I would think if you had it set up to fetch your mail and found an email it would turn on for a few seconds and shut down again. I do not know as mine has the Apple cover on the back and the Apple cover on the front that covers the screen and puts the device to sleep. It does make notification sounds, though the volume is very low when I get an email or text.

11. brentsg macrumors 68040

I've never had it happen but about to start using the pencil. I'll post if I notice it start. I don't have a keyboard either.

12. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

I agree that Apple has allowed quality to slide, and thus far there's no sign that they are addressing it.

However only five out of eighteen at work did this. We were sent replacements, they are fine.

Get yours replaced it's a known issue. l

13. Trin813 macrumors member

Trin813

I have my text messages forwarded to my pro...occasionally when I receive a text but answer from my phone the pro's screen comes on...maybe this?

14. CooperGeorgeHenriette macrumors newbie

I have the same issue as all of you peeps above. I have the pencil and the key pad. I think it is to do with incoming messages and a combination of the key pad also.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 8, 2016 ---
    I'll keep an eye on this

15. Karma*Police macrumors 68000

I have this issue and I have both the pencil and keyboard.

16. iseras thread starter macrumors member

I think I found the problem. If you have the keyboard and fold it behind the screen, laying the iPad flat on a surface, the keys are pressed, thus illuminating the screen. Once I remove the keyboard the problem is gone.