Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
My iPad Pro was fine until the last week or so. I wasn't experiencing the fully charge freeze, the one where you have to do a hard restart to fix it, but then that started happening. Now, it will freeze up mid use for about 30 seconds, then it will unfreeze, then freeze back up awhile later, then unfreeze. Hard restart and restarts don't clear it up. I haven't done a single thing differently. Any others with this same issue?

Capt T

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2010
I agree with Zboater. Try a restore, and if it doesn't work take it back to Apple for an exchange.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
That's a lot of work though! Restore from iCloud or setup as new? Maybe I'll wait for the next update and restore as new... So dumb.

Reactions: shipwrecked

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Just restore as new and see if the problem persists. If it does, then its hardware. If it doesn't, then its likely software related.

Troubleshooting 101. Restore as new. Test. Restore backup. Test. Or install apps as new rather than restore backup. Test.

You have a faulty iPad. Either do this or take it to Apple, who will tell you to do the same thing. Either way, you need to WORK IT to fix it.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
Yeah, I hear ya... Sounds like lots are having this same issue... In addition to the fully charged issue of the iPad Pro not responding at all and needing a hard restart.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Quite honestly yours is the first post I read with your problem. But regardless, unless you are within your 14 day return period, you need to restore it and take it to Apple to have it exchanged. Trust me. There are iPads that have ZERO issues out there. The majority of them actually. You just won (lost) the iPad lottery....

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
If you restored from a different iPad backup, then you need to try resetting the iPad Pro back to factory settings and set it up as a new iPad. I never had any good experiences restoring a backup created on a separate device onto a new device.

I set up my iPad Pro as a new device, zero issues. When I did the same thing with iPhone 5S using the backup from iPhone 4S, it was horrible with a lot of issues. Set it up as a new iPhone, it worked great.

Same thing for Macs, never restore from a Time Machine backup onto a new Mac, restore the data selectively instead.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
When I got this iPad Pro, I erased it and set it up as new with the latest iOS... I did not restore. When people were complaining about the freezing issue, I was not. All of a sudden, here we are... Same issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.