iPad PRO virtual keyboard

Discussion in 'iPad' started by peterpan123, Nov 2, 2015.

1. peterpan123 macrumors 6502

Hello,

Anybody knows why after plugging the iPad PRO to the real keyboard, the virtual keyboard still shows up?

On Galaxy Note PRO and Android devices, we could change the appearance of the virtual keyboard. There are lots of apps that offer different styles including split screen. I heard that IOS does not allow customization. Is the virtual keyboard on the iPAD PRO going to be the same as the one we see on iPhone and iPad? Can the appearance be changed?

Sometimes I type on the virtual keyboard of my Note Pro 12.2. It is quit good but I would prefer to use a real physical one for long messages.

2. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

I can't believe this, that would be Sooooooooooooooooo Dumb.
    There must be some change now, or coming that means when you dock the keyboard/cover the on screen one does not show to give you a full screen view of what you are working on.

I'd imagine everyone here would agree with this. You don't want to have the virtual one on-screen when you are using the attached physical one.

3. mixel macrumors 65816

mixel

Umm, this is weird. On a normal iPad the virtual keyboard disappears if you use a Bluetooth keyboard. Something unusual is happening if the virtual on isn't hiding on the iPad pro!

4. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

perhaps you can just press the 'keyboard' button to make it appear/disappear

5. biosci macrumors 6502a

There's a keyboard button as sjleworthy said. It's that way on iPads with BT keyboards as well. Why they pop up periodically is beyond me though.

6. Branskins macrumors 65816

It was probably a bug in an early version of 9.1. I thought they showed somewhere when a keyboard is connected the keyboard autohides?

7. peterpan123 thread starter macrumors 6502

For normal iPad, can we change the appearance of the virtual keyboard?