iPad Pro w/Applecare & AT&T

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AbSoluTc, Feb 25, 2016.

1. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Anyone purchase an iPad Pro with Applecare through AT&T?

2. TofSanity macrumors 6502a

TofSanity

Bought iPP through AT&T and AppleCare+ through Apple.

3. AbSoluTc thread starter macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

I am seeing that now. Problem is AT&T told me AppleCare + was purchased and on my account. Found out, it was not and I am 20 days beyond the AppleCare + purchase time and Apple said if I could show they charged me, they would add it but I cannot find it.

Was just curious. Nothing wrong with my iPP, I just want to get the coverage.

4. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

What is the benefit of ordering through AT&T?
    I currently have a mobile share with ipad account.
    I want a new Ipad (possibly the Pro) and just switch that iPad "number" to the new iPad.
    So there isn't any need for a new contract.
    Any benefit going through AT&T?

5. TofSanity macrumors 6502a

TofSanity

That sucks. Hopefully you won't need it for anything like a drop or outside of the first year. I tend to upgrade quite a lot so I buy AppleCare occasionally, which this iPP was one of those occasions. Waited a few weeks, but eventually purchased. Good luck. Do you not have the receipt for the iPP purchase?

6. pirata macrumors member

pirata

Just get the device insurance from AT&T, my wife got me mine from verizon and is insured even from theft.

7. Peter K. macrumors 6502a

Peter K.

The only benefit would be paying on an installment plan.

8. Eric5273 macrumors 6502a

I got mine through AT&T and they allow you to pay it off over 20 months with no interest. However, I did not get AppleCare.

9. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

You don't need an AppleCare+, AT&T can provide you monthly insurance. I got mine whenever I upgrade my iPhone or tablet.

10. AbSoluTc thread starter macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Just to update - it was a 45 minute phone call and 6 people later I was at the top, telling them what happened and the guy on the phone hooked me up with AppleCare + for my iPP. Cost $99 bucks and I am happy they made the exception for me. I was out of the 60 day purchase period by 20 days. I just wasn't aware of it.

I am happy and feel better. I like AC+ because I don't have to deal with AT&T, shipping back, phone calls and blah blah blah. I got to Apple, pay my deductible and I am off. Works for me and I'm happy.

11. jlc1978 macrumors 68000

jlc1978

You might want to look at a stand alone policy form an insurer for all risks; it may be cheaper ad cover more devices for one fee.

12. darknyt macrumors 6502a

This is what I did as well.