Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ACint24

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2011
Hi all!

So I got an iPad Pro for Xmas BUT was not able to get the keyboard and pencil because it is still out of stock everywhere. I did place an order on Apple.com but it says I won't receive it until the end of January.

Did Apple really mess up this bad? The Keyboard and Pencil are essential to the iPP experience.

Any tips on how to track one down?

Needed to vent.

Have a great day :)

jamesrick80

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2014
Cancel your apple orders, check periodically bestbuy, att, or frys websites for stock of both of these items...you have a better chance this way

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
While the Pencil is unique for the iPads and a nice peripheral, I do not believe the keyboard is essential to the iPad Pro.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
If I were to get an ipad pro, I don't see myself getting the pencil or keyboard. I can't draw for nuts, and my use cases would exclude a keyboard. The ipad pro remains a very capable piece of hardware even without those accessories.

Speechless

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2015
Non-gentrified Brooklyn.
I am in the same boat of wintertime sadness as you. Ordered the pencil from Apple and it took $20 (shipping I guess) and then said it will deliver at the end of January.

I love my Pro so much but just want the pencil quickly. I can't find this thing in stock and available for delivery anywhere.

I honestly don't know why these pencils are being handled the way they are..but whatever. We'll get it eventually I guess. Plus, I'd rather wait a *few* weeks then paying $170 for it on eBay. I could buy some boots with that up charged money, lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.