iPad Pro iPad Pro with AT&T Next?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by goomba478, Nov 1, 2015.

1. goomba478 macrumors regular

Does anyone have any information on the iPad Pro with AT&T Next? It's my understanding that so far almost all of the iPads that have the LTE option have been available on AT&T Next and it seems that the PRO would be no exception, but I have seen literally no information on this. I know it'd probably mean that it wouldn't be available right at launch, but I'm willing to wait a little while if it means getting the iPad Pro with the monthly payment and option to upgrade when the new iPad Pro 2 eventually comes out (with 3D touch I presume).

Anyone with info on this let me know :) I don't even care so much for the LTE option, but I definitely want the 128GB Model and having LTE as a fall-back is always nice.

2. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I don't know but Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12 inches tablet was released and AT&T has one for Next then iPad Pro should.

3. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

I paid off my plan that I was using for my iPad Air 2 in anticipation of the iPad Pro being available under the same plan. That was several weeks ago. The sales people assumed it would be available under the plan. I may drop in again at my local store and see if they know anything more now that a release date is here. Do AT&T people get trained on new iPads, or is that just an Apple employee thing?

4. goomba478 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks so much guys for the responses. I'm hopeful that they'll have something but I wasn't sure as the Microsoft Surface had limited selection with AT&T Next, but that may be due to no LTE models being available for the new surfaces (I'm not 100% up to date on that world). I'll hold out to see what they say :).

5. Juandagis macrumors member

I hope we can order day one! I want that 20 month payment plan. Went to Att and they said we could preorder, but you never know with Att.

6. Peter K. macrumors 6502a

Peter K.

7. Atomic Walrus macrumors 6502a

None of the
    The Surface 3 (not Pro) is the only current Surface device with an LTE option, I'm guessing thats what you saw.

8. wxnats macrumors 6502a

AT&T press release says they will start selling it online tomorrow.

9. CjonesHouston macrumors 6502a

CjonesHouston

I was on the fence at first about getting iPad Pro without 3D Touch but I will be opting to the Next plan for a 128 Pro. I will be calling first thing in the morning to find out some info or to make a purchase.

10. Sissyboy macrumors regular

Sissyboy

Available on ATT website. Delivery is listed as the 20th of Nov. - Dec 3rd.

11. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

I'm going to check stores today and ask if they have any information as to when they could possible receive them. Since in my area they are in Apple Stores today..

12. CjonesHouston macrumors 6502a

CjonesHouston

Just ordered a space gray LTE. Ship date 11/25-12/03

13. ShawnTXDFW macrumors regular

ShawnTXDFW

I did the same. Same ship dates as you. I read the keyboard and pencil was also to be sold through AT&T, but couldn't find it anywhere on they're website. Either way placed my order for both through Apple. Seems like they should all be here around the same time. Anticipation sucks though. Was hoping I could at least get the iPad Today, if not Friday!

14. CjonesHouston macrumors 6502a

CjonesHouston

I was going to wait on a theirs party keyboard but I better do like you and order from Apple. I know the keyboard from Apple would be better. I didn't see the keyboard on AT&T website either.

15. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

I had chatted with a AT&T Store rep online and was told that there will be a limited stock in stores today. I plan on trying my luck at 2 nearby stores to see if they have them in stock.

16. ShawnTXDFW macrumors regular

ShawnTXDFW

Well if that's the case I wonder if I could just pop up and pick up the order I placed today. Hrmmm.

17. ShawnTXDFW macrumors regular

ShawnTXDFW

I actually just cancelled my Smart Keyboard order through Apple. From reading the reviews, the Logitech seems to be the better pick. Another forum member has a Logitech keyboard for his/her iPad and said that it was a really good keyboard. So based off of this ... http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/11/9711284/logitech-ipad-pro-keyboard-case-announced And what the member said, I went with the Logitech instead. Guess we will see when it gets here though. Apple Pencil though is now pushed for me into December.

18. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

When I noticed that the  Stores in my area had stock and AT&T ship dates are far back, I plan on being out of town in those dates.. So, not sure how it will play out.

I didn't want to preorder through AT&T online and have mix up with my account. So, I'm just going to go by AT&T store and hope for the best. If I can't get it today.. Hopefully by Friday they'll have some in stock.

19. CjonesHouston macrumors 6502a

CjonesHouston

Honestly I don't even use the keyboard on my surface Pro 3. The majority of the time. I use the software keyboard and the Apple keyboards cost more. With less functionality. I just figured it would be thinner and easier to carry around with me. I think I'm going to buy a Smart Cover off Amazon for $15. Wait until I see more reviews about the available options.

20. CjonesHouston macrumors 6502a

CjonesHouston

AT&T exaggerates the shipping times. I have come to learn. I will stop by a AT&T store today though. Just to see if I can get lucky. Lol

21. ShawnTXDFW macrumors regular

ShawnTXDFW

After talking to a rep online to see if any would be available in store here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, she said no. Which sucks for me I guess. But hey, what do they know right? I guess I can just call and see.

22. ShawnTXDFW macrumors regular

ShawnTXDFW

After talking to a rep online to see if any would be available in store here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, she said no. Which sucks for me I guess. But hey, what do they know right? I guess I can just call and see. Perhaps on Friday though. Sucks because this is my long weekend. Fri Sat and Sunday 12 hours each day. 7am - 7pm Otherwise I'd try to beat people to it and see if I can get it 1st thing on either of those days.

23. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

I live in the DFW area as well... I do hope she's wrong. I wonder how is she receiving the information. Is she able to see the stock in the area? I plan on checking soon enough.

24. TurboPGT! macrumors 68000

Ordered this morning on ATT.com, quoted Nov. 25 - Dec 3. Typically, ATT is overly generous with their shipping quotes. If stores have stock already and Apple is shipping this week and next week, I imagine my order will ship this week, or early next week.

Smart Keyboard however, who knows when we'll see that.

25. ShawnTXDFW macrumors regular

ShawnTXDFW

Wish I knew too. She just asked for my zip code and she would look. That's when she told me no. If you find otherwise, just let me know. I'll do the same.