iPad program that logs you in on a timer?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lizkohlerbrown, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Lizkohlerbrown macrumors newbie

Lizkohlerbrown

Does anyone know of a program that works on iPad that will log you in to a website on a timer. Like if I want to log in and out of a website every five minutes without having to sit at the iPad. I used Keyboard Maestro on my laptop, but it doesn't seem to work with my iPad. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Liz

2. 960design macrumors 68020

That is very specific and not something most people need. May I ask why you need to log in and out of a web site every 5 minutes? Just trying to understand the need better. There may be other solutions that you are not thinking of.

To answer your question specifically:
    No, but you could download XCode and google a couple of simple tutorials on WKWebView:
    https://developer.apple.com/reference/webkit/wkwebview

and you should easily be able to write and deploy your own test app to your iPad that does exactly that... log into and out of a website every 5 minutes.

3. PrettyWings macrumors regular

I don't know if Workflow can do that, but you might want to check out Workflow, which is an automation app.

4. Lizkohlerbrown thread starter macrumors newbie

Lizkohlerbrown

Thanks I will look into that site. The reason I need this function is that a site I use generates search results based on when you last logged in, so logging in improves the search ability of the products I sell. Thanks for your help!