iPad Pro's Cameras ? & Naming for future?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Piggie, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Can someone please clarify this for me.

Firstly.
    Does the new smaller iPad Pro have a better camera and flash unit than the older, larger 13" iPad Pro ?

Secondly.
    Given the naming conventions of iPhones, do you feel it's natural that, given we now have two sizes of iPad Pro's, What will happen is the new smaller one will carry on as the iPad Pro, and the Older model, when it's replacement comes at the end of this year, will change it's name to the iPad Pro Plus

2. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

Here are the differences:

iSight comparison
    image.jpeg

Video Recording comparison
    image.jpeg

FaceTime HD Camera comparison
    image.jpeg

3. Piggie thread starter macrumors 604

Piggie

Really?
    So you think Apple will just continue to call them both iPad Pro?

Does seem like this could confuse buyers and perhaps cause people to get conned out of money when buying secondhand.
    Thinking they are getting the larger model but get sent the smaller one big some unscrupulous sellers.

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

That doesn't seem to be a widespread problem with the MacBook Pros, so unless people can't READ then it shouldn't be a problem with the iPad Pros either.

5. Piggie thread starter macrumors 604

Piggie

I don't disagree, however, some people may be fooled.
    They may see iPad Pro and think they have got the large model coming.

There are nasty sellers, even now, Xbox box, and I'm sure even as I type this there are those trying to con people.

Will be interesting to see if Apple do as I suggest and make a difference in the name, or just keep them both called exactly the same thing.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 30, 2016 ---
    Thanks.

Quite surprised Apple did this. Not that I'm complaining. It's about time they did, and not make iPads the poor relation to the iPhones.
    Of course this guarantees the current BIG iPad Pro will get a major camera and flash upgrade in 6 months time