iPad Quality issue

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TXAGS, Nov 5, 2011.

1. TXAGS macrumors newbie

My roommate just got a new 64GB iPad 2. He found out there is a very obvious bubble on the screen. He drove almost an hour to houston and exchanged for another one. He opened it in the apple store and tested before he left. Everything was fine.

After he used it for a day, he found out the iPad 2 has a charging issue! :mad:

Is he just out of luck or something???

2. matelot macrumors regular

3. FloatingBones macrumors 65816

FloatingBones

Does being a student at Texas A&M mean he's lucky? :rolleyes:

He could try calling Apple Support, describing the issue, and seeing if they could provide an alternative to making another trip to Houston. Perhaps Apple could arrange for an exchange at a store near your school.

Good luck today against Oklahoma!

4. Pete the Geek macrumors regular

Just in case, I will point out that the iPad 2 will not charge through most computer USB ports. The iPad 2 will say "not charging" (it might actually be charging, but painfully slowly). The iPad must be charged with the 10W wall charger that comes with it. The 5W iPod charger looks identical, but using it will take an extremely long time.

The 10W (iPad) charger says (in extremely tiny print) "10W USB Power Adapter".

The 5W (iPod) charger says (in extremely tiny print) "iPod USB Power Adapter".

I put a rubber band around all of my 10W adapters :D.

5. Mindy60 macrumors regular

Mindy60

I had no idea! Thanks for this. I will need to get another for my case (I have a case for a case ;))

6. FloatingBones macrumors 65816

FloatingBones

Good call! The other note: by drawing this much power, Apple broke the USB spec. The fact that a PC isn't able to provide enough power isn't a bug with the PC; it's a problem with Apple's use of USB.

If you have ports available, a USB "Y" adapter may be able to provide 10W of power.