Ipad question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MattSorkinNyC, Oct 5, 2011.

1. MattSorkinNyC macrumors member

MattSorkinNyC

Hi all, i have an iphone 3gs and a macbook pro 2009 model from apple. with the new iphone 4s coming out i will deff be upgrading my phone. however over the past few days i have been just thinking about possibly getting an ipad 2 instead of the new iphone. then i also think that an ipad does more than an iphone and does less than a mbp. so my question is if i already have a mbp and an iphone that i would like to upgrade. does it make any sense to get an ipad or just stick with my mbp and get the new iphone 4s on the 14th?

2. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Depends what you need and what you would use it for.

Me personally if your 3GS works fine and it will work with IOS 5 then I would keep that and get the ipad 2 but saying that if you have a macbook pro then would an ipad be needed? depends what you need.

Me personally

I'm more than happy with my iphone 4 and Ipad 2

maybe if money is an issue then buy the iphone 4 which will be cheaper than the 4S and get the ipad 2?

3. MattSorkinNyC thread starter macrumors member

MattSorkinNyC

yeah my 3gs does work phone and looks mint still thanks to the otterbox, but its starting to run its course i hate the camera and the battery is getting weaker and weaker. i am going back to school in january, i would have used the ipad for reading books mostly i think but surely would use the other features. money isnt really the issue, just dont wanna waste 6 700 bucks when its practically a minimized mbp or laptop. does anybody here have an ihpone,ipod, and mbp?

4. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

When the Fire was announced a few weeks ago I read an article that made a lot of sense, I thought. When you're considering adding a gadget, think about how large a "gap" in functionality you're looking to fill and how best to fill that gap with as little redundancy as possible.

Some people find that when they get an iPad, they have less use for their smartphone. (I did.) Some find that their laptop gets less use. (I didn't.) In any event, you'll find that the iPad overlaps your two other devices in some ways. Think about how much the gap-filling is worth to you and how much redundancy you're paying for.

----------

I think you probably meant to ask if anyone has an iphone, ipAd, and mbp. And the answer is lots of people.

If you really meant the iPod (Touch), that's a pretty small group, I'd think. And given Apple's announcements yesterday, they're pretty desperate to find buyers for the iPod. It ain't dead yet, but it's on life support.

5. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

I have a MBP , iPad & iPhone 4 and to be honest iOS on the iPad is spoiling iOS on the iPhone for me I'd much rather use it on the iPad I was even thinking of selling the iPhone and getting a normal phone just to ring & text.

6. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

I know when I'm at home I don't use my iphone for that much to be honest...juast when I'm at work and away from the house I use my phone alot

depends how much you are at home.