Ipad question?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacChinoNyc, Sep 4, 2012.

1. MacChinoNyc macrumors 6502

For the new ipad(3), how do you transfer any .pdf file over or any word doc over to view read? Even ebooks you may have? Is this operation easy?

Also, does the camera have a self timer?

I may have more questions , tia :)

2. Each3 macrumors newbie

I recommend using Drop box. Just upload the PDF on your computer then download the drop box app to your iPad. After that you just open it with your iPad and you're done

3. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

Now what about these micro sd adapters? Do they work any good as storage, or quick uploads? Where would you save files too?

4. seajay96 macrumors 6502

You can't use external storage on the iPad like that. They work (sort of) with photos and videos, but you can't view directly from the card, they have to be imported into the Photos app. And, AFAIK, you can't access an external card through any of the file viewing apps like Goodreader or iBooks.

Easiest way is wirelessly with Dropbox or Goodreader followed by going through iTunes directly.

5. xAgustinx macrumors regular

xAgustinx

You can also send the files by email and open them in the iPad.

6. xArtx macrumors 6502a

There's a Windows program called iphone browser that allows you to copy files straight to the PDF reader's documents directory.
    Also an app like Quick Office opens a web interface for exchange of files.

I don't think the native camera app has a timer, but there are plenty of third party camera timer apps,
    time lapse camera apps exist as well.

7. WSR macrumors regular

The only way to get in effect an SD reader for an iOs device is through the Airstash device that is an SD card reader that creates a Wifi network(no internet) Then you can use their Airstash app or a few other apps to stream from the SD card.

8. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

This is what I usually do. I send an EPUB or a PDF and open it from the email. It then goes right to the library. Pretty simple.

9. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

10. seajay96 macrumors 6502

The N7 is actually a really good tablet, Jelly Bean works quite well and the 7" form factor works well for certain apps. However, for me, it still suffers from one major flaw...it's not in the iOS ecosystem that I am too heavily invested in.

What else is missing from the N7:
    No 3G
    No external storage cards and limited internal memory
    No significant 3rd party support (cases and such)

11. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

I've also heard good things about the Nexus 7. As seajay, I'm far too invested in iOS to switch. I have an Android phone that I'll be switching back to an iPhone this month. I ended up having to switch back to Verizon and they didn't have the iPhone when that happened. I miss having the iPhone and will look forward to using all the universal apps that I've been using on the iPad until now.