iPad quits on me from time to time

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mac new guy, Jan 30, 2012.

1. mac new guy macrumors newbie

mac new guy

Hello,
    Wondering if you could help me out.
    I recently bought and iPad 2/32GB/ 3G.
    On various websites I have noticed that Safari just quits on me. I view various tumblr sites and if the owner of the tumblr uses a lot of .gifs I notice that my iPad quits unexpectedly.
    I then open Safari and it takes me right back to that site and all my tabs (if more than one is open) are all back up.

Is this something I should be concerned with or is this normal?

Thanks.

2. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

You're probably just running out of memory when you have a lot of tabs open plus a really resource-intensive site. So Safari needs a reboot to clear out the memory.

3. neutrino23 macrumors 65816

I sometimes have a similar problem on sites that are heavily loaded with popup links and ads.

I find that using the reader feature in Safari prevents the crashes. In other words, just loading the site is not a problem, it is the scrolling and such that causes the crash.

Wait for the site to load completely, then at the right end of the URL field you'll see a button appear labeled "READER". Tap that and a window pops up containing text and some inline graphics. I also find this easier to read as the font is larger.

4. mac new guy thread starter macrumors newbie

mac new guy

This is exactly what happens...thanks.

I will try this, thank you.

5. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

THis is the norm. It happens to me 1-3 times daily. It's not that big of deal though, when I open it again, all my tabs are intact.