iPad-Rain-Please Help

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hedixo01, Jul 1, 2012.

1. hedixo01 macrumors newbie

My dear and loving husband just bought me an iPad not even two weeks ago...and I just left it out in the rain. I know I'm an idiot; I was more focused on my children and finishing dinner. It wasn't a terribly long storm. As soon as I realized what happened I threw the iPad in a gallon ziploc with uncooked rice. It was on the whole time outside and miraculously seems to still work fine (screen looks normal, touchscreen works fine). The only problem I've come across has been trying to power off. I can turn it off, but less than 30 seconds later it turns back on on its own. Is this a result of the rain or maybe a different problem I might have encountered later (I had yet to ever turn it off completely)? It is currently still in the rice. If there's anything else I should do, please help. Thanks.

2. jdcell100 macrumors regular

Just leave it on I never turn my iPad off and I had every iPad from day 1 and I never turn them off

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If it's only two weeks since you bought it, call Apple Support and buy Apple Care+. Then, if it develops problems, you can get it replaced for a $50 fee.

4. dlmart2 macrumors 6502a

In order to buy Apple Care for an iPad after purchasing it (that is, leaving the store and buying Apple Care later). You must return to the store with the iPad and they will do a water damage check before selling the Apple Care. This is a new policy.

5. poloponies macrumors 68030

Was it purchased with a credit card that offers insurance protection? That usually applies to the first 90 days post-purchase.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I've heard some people were able to buy Apple Care without taking it into a store by calling Apple Support.

7. class77 macrumors 6502a

class77

Yea lie, that's the ticket....It's Apple's fault that it was left out in the rain:mad:

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

No need to lie, just call Apple Support and buy Apple Care+. It's an option. Whether or not you feel comfortable taking advantage of that option is up to you.

9. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

The song MacArthur Park came to mind.

Someone left the iPad out in the rain...

10. class77 macrumors 6502a

class77

By neglecting to tell them it's been rained on, you are already lying. Sorry, but that sort of stuff bothers me and raises the cost of my Apple products because of someone's carelessness.