iPad received from Promo

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mikeyray88, Oct 15, 2010.

1. mikeyray88 macrumors newbie

mikeyray88

I am receiving an iPad 16GB from a sales promotion. I would prefer to have the 64GB version and was wanting to see if anyone had experience with trying to receive store credit at an Apple store. Is it possible to return the iPad without having a purchase receipt and would you get full credit on the return?

2. rnelan7 macrumors 6502

rnelan7

3. poloponies macrumors 68030

Assuming it didn't fall off a truck somewhere and it's factory-sealed I don't think you'll have a problem getting a store credit.

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You can't without the receipt, best bet is ebay/craiglist or word of mouth, get some cash

Actually, walmart and Target now carry the iPad. they are pretty good exchanging stuff without receipt as long as it is close box. Take it there, tell them you want 64GB you may get lucky

5. mikeyray88 thread starter macrumors newbie

mikeyray88

Thank you for the responses.

Apple Sales said to take it unopened to an Apple Store and they may be able to do store credit. "It all depends on the individual store." Hopefully, this holds true.

The thought about visiting Walmart or Target is also a great idea.

I just thought that my iPhone 4 is holding about 23GB now so 16GB just won't cut it on the iPad.

6. poloponies macrumors 68030

You can't get a refund without the receipt, but they will give you a store credit.

7. serialtoon macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

They will take it but they also take 15% if you don't have a reciept, even if it is closed. Just a heads up.

8. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Guess depend on the store, I have returned iPod, routers and Calculators without receipt with no problem (not to mention small stuff like shampoo and stuff lie that)