All iPads Ipad Recommendation

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macbanda, May 6, 2015.

1. macbanda macrumors member

I'd like an opinion regarding which iPad to buy. I'm between a refurbished iPad air 32 gigs or the iPad Air2 64 gigs. The cost is obviously the biggest advantage of the refurbished option. This iPad would be for an older adult who would primarily be playing simple card games, stream videos and music and surfing the net for the most part.

Lastly, other than the educational discount which I qualify for, are there any other saving money options? Any store that provides a good deal over Apple's website?

Thank you

2. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

I highly recommend the iPad Air 2 64GB, I have this exact device and I love it. I use mine for email, web surfing, card games, social networking, and a few other things and it has yet to suffer any problems.

3. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

Save your money. With nothing to directly compare to and the light uses listed, the Air(1) will be just fine, and probably very appreciated!

4. Rodster macrumors 68040

Last week Staples had the Air 2 on sale for $359 (16GB) and $439 (64GB). Last week Best Buy had the Mini 3 (16GB) on sale for $249. Just keep up with the weekly ads for retailers in your area.

5. nightlong macrumors 6502a

nightlong

I also recommend iPad Air 2 64 GB ... Gives you plenty of space for music, photos, data, movies, books ... Even if you have the internet capacity at home to stream everything, it is great to have things onboard for holidays or other situations where streaming might be limited or not possible.

6. macbanda thread starter macrumors member

Thanks to all that responded. Everyone's opinion sounds logical. I'd love to save money but for just a little more, you get the fastest and latest. On the other hand, storing of movies, or taking pictures is unlikely. Purely for streaming and light games.

Any reservations on the refurbished option?