iPad recovery issues! This is getting on my nerves!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Odysseusdk, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Odysseusdk macrumors newbie

As we all know, greenpois0n came out not many moons ago, and I celebrated as I was able to run an untethered JB on my 4.2.1 32gb 3g iPad.

My joy was shortlived.

Alas my device posted a message that it was unable to make emergency calls and that it should be restored, on top of this it also started rebooting now and then, totally random.

I though oh well, so much for the JB. I plugged it in and started to restore it to the original 4.2.1 firmware.

And this is where the real problem ensues! It is unable to properly restore, it loads the firmware on to it, and when I try to sync it, itunes reports that "there is a problem with the ipad" and that it might be damaged!

The iPad is stuck on the connect to itunes/restore screen and just randomly reboots?

I have, several times, put it into DFU mode and tried to restore it, but I am stuck at the same point every damn time! :mad: :(

What to do? :confused:

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Make sure you're not trying to do this wirelessly. It amazes me the number of people who do this.
    After you DFU, press <option>+restore. This brings up a dialog box where you load the correct ipsw. Of course, make sure you use the correct version. An iPad shouldn't get the dialog of "unable to make emergency calls".

3. Odysseusdk thread starter macrumors newbie

I havent done anything wirelessly, and what you describe, I already have done countless times! :(