iPad Refurbs

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by yojimbo1, Sep 17, 2010.

1. yojimbo1 macrumors member

I just noticed that refurbished iPads are available....looks like wifi version only. Discounts are $50 for all three versions (16, 32, 64GB).

Have the iPad refurbs been available for awhile?

2. Locitamd macrumors newbie

Where did you find refurbished ipads? Apple claims they aren't selling them yet...

3. yojimbo1 thread starter macrumors member

4. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

not bad .. i think i might just wait for the 2nd version

5. jbyun04 macrumors 6502a

jbyun04

This is killing me.. I really want an iPad but I don't want to buy one only to find that they've just announced a new iPad..

6. sprtnbsblplya macrumors regular

Hopefully that will drive the used prices down on Craigslist near me, hoping to get a good deal on a used 16gb model.

7. diablo3305 macrumors newbie

its not a large discount. Id almost rather buy new and ensure that i don't get one with any scratch marks or anything.

8. BMJT macrumors regular

I'va had a number of refurbed iPhones before and they were always in perfect condition, i'm sure they replace all the external parts to make sure this is the case. Apparently they're even replacing the batteries in these too, so it's very close to getting an as-new one.

9. circularforward macrumors 6502

Yes, and in various forums, just about all reviews of people buying refurbs from Apple are positive.

10. sn0wman72 macrumors member

$50 off new or less than 10%, I would likely just purchased new from an online reseller that does not charge tax

11. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Price is too high for a refurb. Should be at least $100 off to make it worth the tradeoff.

12. DolemiteJackson macrumors member

I think I'll wait until the refurb price comes down more as the new ones get closer to market.

13. jamied95 macrumors 6502

Just be thankful you can get them! Us in the UK, no :/

14. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

There are no scratch marks on any refurb models. They are as good as new, but just come in a different box. I got a refurb canon camera and forgot after sometime that it was a refurb model.
    And according to some people, refurbished products are sometimes better than new products as they are checked thoroughly before they are sold again.

15. howy macrumors newbie

howy

I never buy refurbished electronics. You might save a few bucks, but it really isn't worth it. Did a couple of times before and regretted it.

16. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

The majority opinion seems to be against you with Apple products. In almost every case, even extremely finicky Apple customers have a difficult time distinguishing their refurbs from new. It's no Dell 'scratch and dent' program.