Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kofman13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 6, 2009
I have a ton of apple devices. but i mainly use my macbook, ipad mini, ipad pro, iphone 11 pro. Macbook is mojave, everything else is latest ios 13. I use notes ALOT throughout the day and i rely on all my apple devices getting updated with changes to notes. i often type a change on my macbok and then refer to them later on my iphone and ipad. after ios 13 update, if i make a note on my phone or macbook, every device gets the change EXCEPT my ipad mini 2019. the only way the ipad gets the note update in icloud is if i literally have it unlocked with notes open and make the change on macbook while ipad is running notes and then the ipad will get the change, which defeats the purpose of the whole icloud sync feature. you want to be able to just casually work on one device and later have it on the other device when you need it, not have both devices open, i might as well type it on the ipad then. (this works normally on all my other devices.)
the problem also persists the other way around. if i make a NEW note on my ipad, one of my other devices get it.
i have icloud for notes enabled for my ipad obviously because thats how i loaded all my notes onto the ipad in the first place.
any help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.