iPad registration - multiple computers and libraries

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by itbeme, Apr 21, 2012.

1. itbeme macrumors member

Hi folks - little dilemma here...

I have just purchased a new iPad. It will primarily be used for work - and thus should logically be linked to my work computer. This computer of course has a separate iTunes, iPhoto and other apps libraries from my personal MBA.

I do realize that one can only sync to a single library but I would like to sync content from both personal and work computers. Do I ...

1) Manually sync the two computers and use iCloud to back up the apps and other data ? Will that allow for the apps to be purchased from either computer and still available to be sync`d on the other ? 2) If I start down this road with one computer I assume the only true way to share is to have an identical libraries on both computers linked to the same (workstation) user account.

The work apps - some of them are proprietary and I must be logged in to use them. It would seem that I need to sync to that library - but again unless I created a duplicate library I cannot have true sync between the two iTunes, iPhoto, Pages, Numbers and other libraries on the other computer - correct ?

I`m a bit confused so need help here ...
    Rgds

2. Dav1 macrumors 6502

I'm a windows user, not a Mac user. Apple makes a windows utility (iCloud control panel) that allows one to "Sync" their computer to the cloud. I believe you'll need to install the equivalent of that on both your computers, and sync both to the cloud, (under one user account?). The iPad would then sync to the cloud as well under that account. At that point it will not sync to either computer, anymore.

I believe the biggest issue would be in getting apps from multiple user accounts, on to your iPad and keeping them active at the same time?