Ipad & Remote Desktop through 3G and/or Virtualization

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bakasam, Jul 23, 2011.

1. bakasam macrumors member

Well long story short:

My dad works as a realtor and hes been wanting to buy an iPad or some sort of lightweight mobile tablet device for him to take on the go. He needs to access a database known as MLXchange in order to get listing informations and whatnot. However, MLXchange has a browser restriction for Internet Explorer only (Firefox, Chrome, Safari will not work).

Are there any apps which allow you to remotely access your desktop/laptop at home through a 3G network or through two seperate wireless networks (e.g Desktop at home using our home network and his iPad using say starbucks wifi) with a decent connection

or

Are there any visualization apps which virtualize Internet Explorer which would allow him to access MLXchange

2. elinks macrumors newbie

Splashtop works exceedingly well for me. I run a windows only application that requires heavy CPU utlization without problems. Check it out. You must run an application on the host machine but the results are very good.

Elinks

3. bakasam thread starter macrumors member

Sweet i'll look into it.

Could you access your desktop while your ipad was away from your home network? (E.g while your ipad is connected to your workplaces' network or through 3G)