iPad repair?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jrm27, Jun 4, 2012.

1. jrm27 macrumors 6502

Hi all,

My ipad2 was in a housefire this last week. The firemen pulled the ipad out and handed it back to us. I took the Zagg of the front and the screen looked in halfway decent shape. The back has some marks, but most interestingly, after plugging it in for a few days I actually got a boot logo out of it. It will go no further than a boot logo loop. I cant restore it in itunes. It may be a lost cause, but thought I'd look at seeing if there is a good repair place I can send it to.

I contacted apple and opened a support case with them. However, if they deem that it isn't a warranty case (which I'm nearly 100% sure that it wouldn't be), then I'd probably have to pay a $100 diagnostic fee, plush shipping there and back.

Are there any other companies i could send this to who would be able to take a look?

-jon

2. poloponies macrumors 68030

And you're not insured?

3. jrm27 thread starter macrumors 6502

We do have renter's insurance. The ipad may well be covered, however, I am looking at the options that are available!