iPad Replacement Question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mrt209, Jun 7, 2011.

1. mrt209 macrumors 6502

Hi,

I got unlucky and had 3 iPads with backlight bleed and since the Apple store told me they wont replace it anymore I called and they told me to send it in and then once they received it I'd get a replacement sent to me.

I'm a bit confused though since yesterday I got an email saying the repair for the iPad was in progresses, which is weird because it should just be replaced. Then today I got an email saying they couldn't reproduce the problem and they're sending back the iPad :confused: :mad:

Has anyone had the same thing happen to them? Any one know if its just the system saying its getting repaired, but I'm actually getting a new one?

Thanks for your help!

2. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

I had the same thing happen with one of mine.

They sent the iPad back unfixed with the message "Could not replicate issue' I then took it into the Apple store once I had received it back and the Genius said he had no idea why they had done this as the Backlight Bleeding was blatantly obvious even in normal light so it's not like they would of had to go into a dark room or anything to replicate the issue. The Genius just replaced my iPad at the store.

3. mrt209 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply. Going to get a hold of the senior manager at Apple who helped me and hopefully they'll have a replacement sent out quickly.