iPad resale question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by deuceap610, Oct 12, 2010.

1. deuceap610 macrumors member

Like many others who read these forums I'm torn with whether to get a 1G iPad or wait for the second. I've been reading a lot of people saying to just buy the 1G now and sell it when the 2G comes out for a depreciated price. All in all this seems like the route down which I'll go but here's my issue, out of all of the posts they seem to have been talking about the WiFi model and not WiFi+3G model. Is the resale market similar for the 3G models? Do they tend to have the same kind of depreciation or more/less?

Thanks for your insight.
    MK

2. Kingcodez macrumors 6502

Kingcodez

It's the same just more cost for the 3G. I just got my iPad, and as soon as the new one comes out im sure I'll sell this and buy the new one. Just buy it, and in the end if you lose money look it as if you simply rented the iPad for those four or five months.

3. optophobia macrumors 6502a

optophobia

If you had the unlimited data plan on the the 3G and were able to transfer that, then that would be some extra resale value since they are not available anymore.

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

same value, smaller market, less people look for used 3G ones than Wifi, but value is the same.