iPad Resale Value Is Insane

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Rodster, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Rodster macrumors 68040

You can't get this type of resale value from any other product. You can get $345 trade-in @ Amazon.com for a White Wifi 16GB iPad 2. The White Wifi 32GB trade-in value is $405. :eek:

So essentially you can buy a refurbed Apple iPad 2 for $319 and make money on it. Since it looks like new from Apple you can trade it in as Like New to Amazon. :D

2. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

No, you can't. All refurbed iPads have a serial number beginning with DK and Amazon and others know this. You forgot to add taxes to the refurbed iPad, which makes it the same as the Amazon trade-in value anyway, so you wouldn't be making any money even if you did trade it in.

3. Rodster thread starter macrumors 68040

So does it matter to Amazon if it's an Apple Certified Refurbed? It did not state anything regarding new or refurbed. The only thing they frown on is personalized covers.

4. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Last time I traded in, they never asked whether it was new or refurb so there was no reason to lie. They only asked about condition.
    I'd bought an AT&T refurb (no DK serial number) kept it for over 6-months and then traded it in for only a $50 loss.

5. Rodster thread starter macrumors 68040

Thanks for the input

6. doboy macrumors 68000

7. 617aircav Suspended

I paid 350 for the new ipad 16gb wifi one on Craigslist. It came with bt keyboard case too. I got lucky.

----------

Not every state has sales tax.