Resolved iPad reset itself??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by think.un, Aug 2, 2012.

1. think.un, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012

think.un macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a huge problem, I was restarting my iPad (new iPad 32GB wifi) after it behaved strangely in ITunes U. It basically didn't show the downloaded items and was downloading them again.

But then the restart took longer then usual time and all of a sudden it would react like a brand new iPad which would need to be setup for the first time.
    I switched it off again but still the same.
    I have the iPad full of data maybe 4 GB left of space and as I don't have a MacBook right now, planed on buying soon, I could not make any backup recently, let's say at least a month or so...
    And as I started it using it heavyly for work the last 2 weeks there is a lot of stuff which I could lose.

Is there any way to start my iPad and not losing all the data ???
    I am really dependent on it!!

Thanks all for your help

2. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

What of the data are we talking? Documents? Which apps?

I think I would be right in saying you can get an unofficial iPad Explorer, such as I-funbox

But wait to get few replies before diving in to anything.

3. think.un thread starter macrumors newbie

We are talking about everything on the iPad, data, music, podcasts, videos in iTunes U...
    When I switch on the iPad it greets me like when u first time start up a new iPad whit the the slider telling you to set up your iPad.
    I am afraid if I move the slider to activate the iPad that everything will be gone.
    And as I did not backup those last few weeks of work I could lose quite some important data which would be a huge work to retain again.

Also the only computers available right now are Lenovo laptops on which I can't install iTunes because it gives a conflict with some specific work programs. And as I am literally in the African bush is hard to get by a Apple shop....

Thanks mate

4. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

I would give i-Funbox a go, but wait for some more replies.

5. think.un thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks,

i installed I-funbox and could get almost all data from the Ipad, what a relief!!!!!!! :D

After that I started up the Ipad and did activate the slider to initiate the activation process of a Ipad and to my big surprise after asking me the network I want to connect and if I like to use dictation it was all normal as before, with all my data and apps in the place where I left them!!!
    with one exception ALL ITunes U videos, not audio, have gone...
    Some 8GB of videos dissapeared from the device!!

Anyway, that is a minor annoyace compared to lose all data!!

Thanks for your help