Ipad Restore enough?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thomaskaufi, Jan 8, 2012.

1. thomaskaufi macrumors newbie

Hi there!

I have recently been aiming to sell my ipad2.

Today i then took it through an external cleanup and begun tinkering with restoring the system.. My goal is that when a random person buy it, they will not be able to find any of my personal info or password to apple ID or Mail accounts etc.

What i did is as follows:

i got my ipad into recovery/restore mode (Are they the same?)
    with the picture of a cable connecting to itunes by pressing both buttons on the ipad to force power off, then when it turned off, release the sleep button, but holding the home button while immediately inserting USB cable connected to my mac with itunes running.
    My mac said "found ipad in recovery mode, you must restore to use it" or something like that.....
    so i did: downloaded IOS 5 (It was running IOS 4 (JB)), installing it and then turning on the ipad as new.
    i then got to a screen with the text "IPAD" and a "slide to configure" slider at the bottom, in all languages.

So, what i want to know is:
    is this the right way to wipe it for personal data, any kind of logs on system and stuff like that?
    i thought of starting it up to see if anything was on there and then redoing the procedure.
    but for good measure, i would just ask here before doing so.

hope that someone can give me the satisfying answer :)

2. sbddude macrumors 6502a

Yes, all your info is gone. Too bad you lost the jailbreak in the process.

3. thomaskaufi thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks alot, now i can sell it :D

Well, i thought of restoring it, but then again: ive got the .ips on my computer and it wasnt such a big deal.....

again, thanks for the answer!

//thomas