iPad restore

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Trinity82, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Trinity82 macrumors member

I want to delete everything on my iPad except the movies. How can I save the movies and delete everything else? I also want to update it.
    Can someone guide me through this?

2. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

Do this through iTunes.
    1. Connect your iPad to your computer and open iTunes.
    2. Select your iPad in the list on the left and, in the main iTunes window, click Movies. Ensure that the movies you want to sync are selected (or that Automatically include all movies is enabled).
    3. From the list at the top, select another option such as Music and de-select the sync option. For example, de-select Sync Music, and your music in iTunes will not be synced to your iPad.
    4. Turn off syncing for the other options (such as TV Shows, Podcasts, Books, etc.) in the same way.
    5. Once you are done, click Apply. Your movies will remain on the device, but other types of content will be removed.

Updating to the latest iOS version is also done in iTunes. Again, with the iPad selected, click Summary from the list at the top. Midway down the screen, there should be an Update option.

Hope this helps!

RTP.