All iPads Ipad retina Mini screen / speaker feedback w/pics

Discussion in 'iPad' started by duffer6, Dec 9, 2013.

1. duffer6, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013

duffer6 macrumors 6502

I was hoping to get a a bit of feedback. Simply how does this screen look to you (see pics). I believe it looks a bit warm but maybe that is the way it is suppose to be. The brightness is on high and I took a screen bleed pic with white and black backgrounds with the addition of traditional websites pics.

Additionally are others finding the rMini's speakers a bit on the weak side. The quality is good but I need to put the rocker at 75% to get a adequate level. That was not the case with my prior mini.

Thanks for the feedback.

Attached Files:

2. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

It's impossible to judge the color temperature by a photo taken by some camera in unknown light conditions.

If you want an opinion from the Internet, you need to make a conscious effort. Go to a photo store and buy calibrated gray card used by photographers to calibrate white balance. Then take a pic of your iPad by an SLR with WB calibrated with the card, and include the gray card in the frame, too, so additional WB can be made in Photoshop. Then, and only then, da Internetz can diagnose if you have a prob or not.

----------

...and the black background photo... take it with other screens you have - laptop, desktop, phone, other tablets - in the same frame... you might find the result eye-opening.

3. duffer6 thread starter macrumors 6502

Great feed back thank you. Help me understand a bit about your comments about the black background image. Are you implying that most other devices have a bleed as well. Thanks for your insight.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

Agree with samiznaetekto, with the added comment that it's really up to the owner to decide...not a bunch of random internet strangers. Either you're happy with it or you're not.

Plus I never have had an Idevice with adequate speakers for music. Keyclicks and system sounds? Sure. Music? Yuck.

5. duffer6 thread starter macrumors 6502

Another good point. Thanks!

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

I'll also add... Some people prefer a warm screen, some prefer a cool screen. One persons yellow is another persons perfect, just as one persons perfect is another persons blue.

7. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

Yes, exactly, light bleeding is a very common problem and without doubt if you take a pic with multiple devices in the same frame, you'll see it. When you take a photo of a screen with black background in total darkness, your camera sets a long exposure (see that noise?), which makes the photo look like you have a really, really, really bad backlight bleeding. In reality, it's probably barely noticeable. If you play a video in letterbox format, do you really see it if you are really watching video and not just looking for problems?

8. donnaw macrumors 65816

I have no light bleed on my iPad Air but my old iPad 2 had quite a bit. It bothered me when watching some movies. But my husband inherited it when I upgraded to the 3 and it didn't bother him a bit.

Everyone has their own threshold of what bothers them. You have to decide for yourself.

9. duffer6 thread starter macrumors 6502

All good points. I think I am just going to enjoy and that will be that. Thanks for the feedback.

10. toyrcgoodes macrumors newbie

One persons yellow is another persons perfect, just as one persons perfect is another persons blue.[​IMG]