Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I'm wondering if there are any decent camera apps for TAKING photos with the retina iPads, or for TAKING videos. I realize there are bazillions of filter, effects and editing apps, some of which allow taking photos within the app, but I'm looking for something that might make it possible to use the iPad to actually take the pictures.

The only thing I've seen so far is iStopMotion, which is pretty nice if you are into that. I'd especially be interested in something that would allow the iPad to be used for document scanning. I'm using JotNot Pro, which works pretty well, but wondering if there are others. And image stabilization.

neutrino23

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2003
SF Bay area
Check out Cortex Cam. It helps you take pictures in low light situations. It averages 100 or so pictures to produce a less noisy image. Works well. Obviously only works when there is no motion in the scene.

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
It is, it's not a universal one though. :mad:

Snapseed is though, and that's what I use.

I use it too, but it's not really a camera app. It'll take photos with the iPad, but the interface for that isn't very useful. It only uses the iPhone format.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.