iPad return!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lu0s3r322, Nov 26, 2010.

  1. lu0s3r322 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2005
    Location:
    Illinois, USA
    #1
    i received an ipad as a gift today without receipt and someone in my family removed the shrink wrap, but i want to return it for store credit. would i have to pay the restocking fee or could the manager of the apple store waive that?

    that being said, is it worth it to pay the restocking fee and the difference to get the newer version of the ipad when it comes out?
     
  2. Surely Guest

    Surely

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2007
    Location:
    Los Angeles, CA
    #2
    I'd say you'd have to pay the restock fee... that is, if they'll accept a return without a receipt. Why would the manager waive it?:confused:

    Do you even know that it was purchased at an Apple Store?
     
  3. slaysme macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2010
    #3
    a gift. do you not understand what that means? people can be such ingrates. If some one dropped an ipad on me as a gift i'd be happy, not salty the shrink wrap was gone. if there was no receipt it was so you'd keep the thing.
     
  4. sonycrack macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2010
    #4
    on my receipt it clearly stated you had 14 days to return in and if it was opened it would be $62.90 less. Mine was $629 so I figure they're letting people know there's a 10% restock if it's opened.
     
  5. ryan0402 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2010
    #5
    If you red the entire post the OP wants to wait for the nextgen ipad
     
  6. Surely Guest

    Surely

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2007
    Location:
    Los Angeles, CA
    #6
    Gonna be a long wait...........
     
  7. lu0s3r322 thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2005
    Location:
    Illinois, USA
    #7
    of course im not ungrateful, i'm forever indebted to them, but since it's very likely that a next gen one will come out first quarter next year.

    it was purchased at an apple store and i've heard that managers can be lenient with those fees based on threads ive searched for here.

    so if the next gen ipad was $500 then i'd be paying $45.8 (10% of today's price since it was bought today) + ($500 - ($458 - $45.8)) = $133 ? is that worth it?
     
  8. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2010
    #8
    I say use it now and resell later. 1. who is to say the new features in next gen will be worth upgrading too, 2. there is no release date for it...1st quarter is rumor as far as I know. 3. we don't know if they will be able to keep the same price points they have now.
     
  9. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

    powerbook911

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2005
    #9

    Um, you probably won't get it to your door until April of '11. That is a lot of time you could be using the iPad right now.

    Plus, perhaps you won't need the features of the new one.

    Even if you lost some of the value, just sell it, when the new one arrives, if you want it at that time.


    After all, I don't think you're going to be returning it with no receipt, and you'd have a restocking fee since it is opened.

    The current iPad is still fantastic. I just bought one for my mother for the holidays. I know a new one will be out in a few months, but the current one is still oh so cool.
     
  10. adnoh macrumors 6502a

    adnoh

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2010
    #10
    just keep it and use it! its still oh cool!

    I bought mine a couple days ago and cant think of going 5 months waiting for the next one!
     
  11. bentrider macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2010
    #11
    Just use it. You'll definitely be paying a restocking fee. You can sell it used for almost the same amount next year. Resale on these things is insane.
     
  12. Piggie macrumors 604

    Piggie

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2010
    #12
    I would like to think so, but I can't help but feel the value will drop a fair amount when the next model is out.
     
  13. panzer06 macrumors 68030

    panzer06

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2006
    Location:
    Kilrath
    #13
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

    He should just use it and sell it later if he wants the next gen. it'll be at least 5 months until the next rev comes out if they stick to 12 months for iOS device refreshes.

    Cheers
     

Share This Page