iPad returns question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by brightlights, Mar 26, 2012.

1. brightlights macrumors regular

Hi,

I bought my iPad from Apple online, it was delivered on Friday 16th - so it is now approaching the end of the 14 day return window. Due to a dead pixel on the screen, and the fact that I'm thinking of upgrading to the 64gb model I've decided to return it.

Was planning to call into an Apple store tonight (Trafford Centre), but just rang them and they said they don't take online returns, it has be done by phoning up.

So I've now initiated a return online. Was just wondering whether I have to arrange to have my iPad collected within the original 14 day window (i.e. by Friday), or whether it is enough that I have initiated the return - and I can delay having it collected until next week?

2. slumpey326 macrumors 6502

I just returned my online Ipad 3 order to an apple store. No questions ask.

Is yours engraved? Maybe that was the reason. If not, it should be able to be returned to a physical apple store.

3. boxster99t macrumors member

What the OP was told is very odd and directly contradicts the return policy on the online store. You can return within the 14 day period to any Apple Store or via return shipping. The person he or she spoke to on the phone did not know what they are talking about. I'd just go into the store, and if there is a question, have them go to Apple's website and look up returns.

I'm returning my new iPad this Wednesday (it was also an online launch day delivery) to the Apple Store nearest me to avoid FedEx/shipping worries.

I've never tried to return an engraved device, but understand that is no problem either (Apple refurbishes returns and that includes replacing the backs, so engraving should be irrelevant).

Finally, the return terms are one must initiate the return within the 14 days. So you should be good--BTW, you may want to do that on Wednesday at the latest, so that you have a day to spare. A 14 day day period from when received, runs from Friday 3/16 to Thursday, 3/29.

4. MISTER-VIP macrumors newbie

They are Right if you Bought the iPad online you have to return it Online as what happen to me :

Place return request on 17th Saturday (online)..
    Get a Call from apple on 20th Tuesday asked me what time I prefer Thursday(22) or Friday(23) Between 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm I choose Friday.
    On Friday a man from TNT visit me get the iPad within 30 second finish everything.
    Today 26th Apple Emailed me that the received the iPad as well as Tracking System said delivered.. and my Refund is in process and will take from 5-7 days.

i Bought few days the 32 4G..

5. El Jefe macrumors member

I just returned/exchanged my iPad (3) to a physical Apple Store even though I bought it online. It had a weird yellow hue in the top left corner and some serious bleeding under the bezel. No questions asked got a new one on the spot. They even set it up for me to ensure this one was OK. And it's much better.

6. tivoboy macrumors 68040

online or in store

It says on their website, return online or instore?

Also, if the box isn't opened, one has 30 days to return I believe.

7. Stealthipad, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012

Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

8. JesseW6889 macrumors 6502

Cancel the online return.

Bring it into an OFFICIAL Apple Store.

This sounds like an issue you might run into at a 3rd party retailer.

9. socaltyger macrumors newbie

Exchanged my 16GB online pre-order at an Apple store for a 32GB. No problems at all. Looks like someone was being lazy and just didn't want to help you out.

10. MISTER-VIP macrumors newbie

And Yeah Before I decide to return it Online I called them asked can I come now to your store to exchange it ?! they said No you have to do the online step by step return.. I called the leicester Store in UK..

11. barkomatic macrumors 68040

The OP looks like he is in the U.K. while some of the responses are people from the U.S. Is there a different return policy for online orders between the two countries?

12. elmo151 Guest

mine was engraved. wrong name :D
    assume i got someone else's iPad3

13. aristobrat macrumors G5

Apple's US/UK online store's return policies do look different.

US STORE
    http://store.apple.com/us/help/returns_refund

UK STORE
    http://store.apple.com/uk/help/returns_refund