All iPads IPad rMini or Air + iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPad' started by YaBoiD, Aug 20, 2014.

1. YaBoiD macrumors regular

YaBoiD

Just looking for general opinions regarding the rumored iPhone screen size (4.7in) increase and the iPad rMini. I currently have the rMini but plan on getting the iPhone 6 when it's released and was thinking that maybe I should go with an iPad Air instead due to the bigger difference in screen size compared to the new iPhone. Please chime in with your views...

2. Dave Meadows, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014

Dave Meadows macrumors 68020

Dave Meadows

IPad rMini or Air + iPhone 6

I'd say yes, get an Air. I have both and although I love the portability of the rMini I do find myself 'pinching' out to enlarge text. No such problem with the air. Plus it's extremely light too. I'm looking forward to new iPhone too. Can't wait!

3. Ann P macrumors 68020

Currently have a Mini and I'll probably go the iPhone 6 + Air route as well.

4. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

I'm getting an iPhone 6 as well. It will simply replace my 5.
    I'll continue to use my iPad Air at home but my iPad rMini when away from home which is most of the time. I doubt I will upgrade either one of my tablets, not this year anyway.

5. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

I have a note 3 (5.7") but got an rMini after, and I find both have their uses. I owned an Air before and prefer the rMini for it's size haha but love the phone's size too.

Thinking about getting a 6L , but maybe I could reconsider with rMini in hand as well. I like having both platforms right now.

6. bambooshots macrumors 6502a

Air.

It's size will offset the larger size iPhones.

7. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I say Air, that is what I have and think it will be good match. I find mini to small. Son has one and I am always enlarging text to read it.

8. SoCalReviews, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014

SoCalReviews macrumors 6502

iPhone 6 + iPad Air would be a good combination. The larger screen on the new iPhone 6 will already be good on the go for a smaller screen and ultra portable device. When you want a larger screen size in a larger portable device the Air will satisfy that need. I will be considering the soon to be released 5.7" Samsung Note 4 or a 5.5" iPhone 6 as possible ultra portable replacements for my 5" SG-S4 phone.