iPad mini iPad rMini restarts repetitively.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by /jdmd3/, Dec 29, 2013.

1. /jdmd3/ macrumors newbie

My 16GB Wifi iPad rMini fails to reach the home screen whenever it is switched on. When I power up the device it goes through the normal sequence of showing the Apple white screen and the Slide-to-Unlock screen, however, it instantly turns off and repeats the sequence of the white screen and the unlock screen. This prevents me from accessing the iPad completely. It sometimes gets stuck on the white screen wherein I can take a screen shot and even acces Siri.

I've tried holding the home and the lock button until it completely restarts, however, it has not solved my issue despite numerous attempts. I've also tried restoring it to factory settings through iTunes, but it prompts me to turn off my iCloud from my iPad, an impossible task to do with an inaccesible iPad. I am going to have it serviced at an Apple Store since it is stil in warranty.

If they opt to give me a replacement iPad, I'd like to know if there is a way to ensure that all of my information, files, and paswords from the iPad is completely erased from the machine. Thanks!

2. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

Take it in and get a new one...

If you reset all content and settings, it is good as new. Apple does fresh install on all refurbs, so I wouldn't worrying about it.

3. /jdmd3/ thread starter macrumors newbie

The most that I can do with the iPad is remove my apps, but all of my e-mails, contacts, and saved passwords from the iCloud Keychain is still going to be in the iPad. I would have no reservations about simply exchanging it for a new one, but I'd like to be sure that all of my files and info is completely removed from the iPad.

4. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

I wouldn't worry about it. Apple will wipe the iPad for you. If you ask them, they will probably do it right in front of you. Let the board know how you make out.

5. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

You don't need to access the iPad to sign out of iCloud.

Sign into http://icloud.com, select Find My iPhone, find and select the iPad in the Devices list. You'll be able to either Erase the iPad or remove it from iCloud (either will work).

Once that's done, you should then be able to Restore iOS using iTunes. This may just save you a trip to the Apple Store.

6. /jdmd3/ thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the responses. I went to the Apple Store and they quickly figured out the problem. They put it into DFU mode and reset it to factory settings. Afterwards, everything started to function perfectly. They said that it may have been corrupted when I performed backups on my laptop.

Once I got home, I tested it to see if it was my backup that was causing the issues. Instantly after loading my backup from my laptop, it started showing the problems again. So I did the same thing that the Genius did and just deleted my backup from the computer. I had to re-enter my accounts and settings and re-download my apps, otherwise everything is working fine again.

All in all I'm glad I didn't have to return it since I don't find any display issues with the model that I have.

7. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

IMO, DFU is a really important thing for everyone to learn--not just people who JB their device.
    Glad the solution was easily resolved.

8. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Glad you got this worked out and were able to keep your iPad.