iPad mini iPad rMini screen not rotating from landscape to portrait

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ezhilk, Feb 16, 2014.

1. ezhilk macrumors member

So I noticed this issue a couple of times or so in the past day. The screen just doesn't rotate from landscape to portrait when I turn my ipad. The screen rotation lock is not on and it doesn't look like its a problem with the accelerometer as the parallax image thing works fine. Has anyone else seen this before?

Attached Files:

2. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

My rMini did it once and I hit the sleep button and then home button and it cleared it up. Probably a software glitch.

3. ezhilk thread starter macrumors member

I tried doing that but didn't help in my case..worked after I randomly hit the lock key, then unlocked the ipad, hitting the rotation lock and hitting lock key again.. :cool:

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That occurred to me when I accidentally turned on the rotation lock within the control center.

5. thelead macrumors 6502

This has happened to me on my 3, mini, and rmini... I think it's a ios7 glitch. Play with the orientation lock switch while moving it around. Also, try opening safari and then try changing the orientation.

6. jsd79 macrumors member

I have this problem on my rMini several times a month and have chalked it up to an iOS 7 issue. I thought I remembered reading somewhere (on this forum?) that the bug was going to be addressed in the forthcoming update...

7. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

It has happened to my iPad 2, I thought it was hardware defective but like other people said it is software issues. :apple:

8. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

Have you tried a hard reset (sleep/lock for 10 seconds until apple screen appears)?