iPad mini iPad rMini with yellow, less saturated screen hardware limit or defeat??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tomhwcheung, Nov 25, 2013.

1. tomhwcheung macrumors newbie

iPad rMini with yellow, less saturated screen a hardware limit or defeat?

anyone knows? if its tech limit, then there will be no fix. :eek::eek::eek:

2. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

The less saturated screen is probably a decision made by Apple to balance cost, battery life and size. Most people will be happy with the compromise. Some won't but they'll be in the minority I'd think.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I read somewhere that the iPad air looked almost too saturated and a smaller tablet would amplify that issue. If that is true, then I can understand the logic.

I've said this before and perhaps I'm not as picky as some people but my screen is gorgeous. No yellow and I've not really noticed any saturation issues.

The contrast seems seems a tad duller but not enough for me to complain about, more like an observation.

4. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

It's a cost saving, not a limit of technology.

The PPI of the iPad Mini with Retina Display is the same as that of the iPhone 5.

The technology is there, but at a cost.

5. kristoffer4 macrumors 6502a

kristoffer4

I don't know what exactly is going on but my screen also looks a bit more yellow at times. I think it has something to do with the gamma. :confused:

I have no yellow tint at any corners, light leak or dead pixels so I am keeping this.