iPad Roaming - Trip, any idea to save iPad internet costs?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Rick2d2, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Rick2d2 macrumors newbie

Hi.

I will be in Madrid for several days.

Someone knows how I can save on internet connection with my ipad?

I read that roaming costs by using the Internet outside your country are very expensive, besides carrying the Ipad throughout the journey was difficult for me because between airport and airport can harm me, because I really need is internet 1 day or 2 and the other not.

Anyone knows if there is a service for renting Ipad in hotels or tourist places in Madrid?

Thanks.

2. princealyy macrumors regular

If you have 3g version of the iPad, then roaming fees are going to get very expensive (especially in if you are in the states have at&t)

The best way to avoid the fees is to either take out the at&t sim card, and if possible buying a prepaid sim chip with data for use while you are there.

If you do not want to use a sim chip and pay those fees, you can just use WIFI (when I was in Madrid there was WIFI in some places for free, and some places you have to pay) Starbucks in Madrid has free WIFI if you buy something, otherwise it is a locked down network.

Hope this helps.

3. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

See if the local iPad data provider has any pay as you plans, and get one of their microSIM cards :p

Edit:seems Spain has vodafone, movistar, and orange.....

4. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Dad?

5. blevins321, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2011

blevins321 macrumors 68030

Hey Newbie OP - Stop posting attempts to get people to mention your Madrid iPad rental service. There are a bunch of posts by new people who are advertising a Madrid iPad rental service as well as several people asking about Madrid iPad rental services.

6. MariaSpiegel macrumors newbie

Hi everybody!
    For using 3g in my trips I've found a good solution like travelsim card. Really saved a lot for roaming and data. Mybe that would be solution for you too)

7. nostresshere macrumors 68030

I would agree the OP is just pushing their Ipad rental business.

If you have an ipad, carrying it around is not an issue.

Getting free or cheap WIFI is no big deal.

SHUT THIS POSTER DOWN!

8. donnaw macrumors 65816

Um, the original post is a year and half old.

9. icydog macrumors member

How do I go about buying an iPhone and iPad SIM card for use in Spain, Morocco, Portugal and Gibraltar on my cruise vacation in 3 weeks?