Ipad + Router + Airprint, but only 3G Internet

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by norwaypianoman, Apr 18, 2012.

1. norwaypianoman macrumors member

I have two variations over the same question:

1. I want to have a setup with a
    iPad 2 3G + Wireless Router + Printer supporting AirPrint.
    Will the iPad always search for internet in the wireless router? Will it be satisfied with 3G only ? I want to use 3g internet only, and save money on internet. And still have working Printer.

2. I want to have a setup with a
    iPad 2 3G + Wireless Router + Printer not supporting AirPrint, but an iPad app like Brother´s App.
    Will the iPad always search for internet in the wireless router? Will it be satisfied with 3G only ? I want to use 3g internet only, and save money on internet. And still have working Printer.

Setups for mommy and aunt, which doesnt use internet that much.

2. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

To have the easiest set up, you'll need wifi to interact with these printers as far as I know. Unless you get a printer, like mine which you can emails things to, for it to print from anywhere.

3. batotman macrumors 6502

Why can't you just use wifi to only connect to the printer?

4. norwaypianoman thread starter macrumors member

Hi!
    OK. Then I take this as a answer, that it doesnt help to have a wireless router, without paid wired internet, if i want to save on the bill.

What I wanted was to have no internet to the wi-fi-router, and use router as an ad-hoc or something, and the printer working fluently. But I guess that doesnt work...