iPad Safari crashing

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lanceh5, Feb 18, 2012.

1. lanceh5 macrumors member

My iPad 2 with 3G and 32GB storage is having problems with Safari crashing. In Settings, I cleared Safari web info but Safari is unusable and all web pages crash and then goes back to the desktop. Web pages load to about 90% before it quits. Something is definitely wrong with this iPad.

2. jpross123 macrumors member

jpross123

3. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

If it were my iPad, I would restore it with iTunes since its not possible to delete and reinstall safari.

4. lanceh5 thread starter macrumors member

It is working after clearing history,cookies and data then restarting. I don't turn off the iPad, just close the cover. Probably need to shut it off about once a week to clear the system. I also backed it up to iTunes this morning. It is nice to have the iPad working again. It is interesting how new techology changes our lives, in positive and negative ways.

5. jonkersuk macrumors newbie

Have you tried double clicking the home buttom and then finding the safari icon in the bottom holding it until it wiggles and then click the x to close it down completely? Also clear out your cache in the safari settings.