iPad/Safari Issue

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BobbieM629, May 10, 2011.

1. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

I've tried googling (maybe I am using the wrong wording) and can't seem to find anything on this issue.. I am trying to help a friend out..

When she creates a new blog post and puts pictures in it, Safari is making some of them appear "sideways". When you visit her site from a computer it is not sideways, it's actually correct.. I believe this is a Safari issue because of that, however, when I use Safari on my MacBook the picture is correct.. Here's an example: http://www.momdot.com/wash_your_vegis the last picture.

Does anyone have any idea? Where would I look for an answer?

2. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

use a different photo editing app like photoshop to rotate and save the photo, then reupload it and see if that fixes the problem.

sometimes using preview or iphoto to rotate a photo wont get it completely right, causing a doubling up of the photo's orientation, causing some browsers to show it correctly while others show it unrotated.

i've run across this issue occasionally: i'd used preview on my mac to rotate any photos that i didnt care to post-process through photoshop and while they'd show up wrong in my mobileme gallery, it would show up correctly in the iphoto album.