iPad Safari Quirk

Discussion in 'iPad' started by $MacUser$, Jun 25, 2010.

1. $MacUser$ macrumors 6502

Okay, so when you open a new window and click back into the window you were in, SOMETIMES the page completely reloads. Other times, it just goes back to exactly what you were looking at without a reload.

What's up with this? It's not a deal-breaker or anything...just mildly annoying, but annoying nonetheless. It's really the only thing about the iPad that prickles me a little bit...but again, I can live with it if need be.

2. wasabe34 macrumors newbie

It's the way safari handles the memory management. Use iCab or Atomic.

3. xraytech macrumors 68030

4. superflush macrumors 6502a

This is how Safari works on the iPad.
    There are a handful of alternative browsers that maybe don't have this issue.

5. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

I tried Atomic and had same results, although less. I think it is Memory management combined with the way some sites work and update.

6. $MacUser$ thread starter macrumors 6502

Tried atomic, and although it was better with the memory management thing, it had some quirks I didn't care for (wouldn't open some links, etc). At only $0.99, I'm not really complaining.

I looked at icab, but the reviews for Perfect browser were more favorable/abundant. The UI is nicer as well, so I went with it.

I have to say, it's a pretty big improvement over both safari and atomic. Safari has its memory things, and is kind of sluggish. Atomic feels like a beta; incomplete. Perfect is snappy, and has a number of cool features, not the least of which is the ability to render pages like a desktop browser (so you're not redirected to the mobile version of the site you're looking for). Easily worth the $3, in my opinion.