iPad Safari tabs reloading worse than ever?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Pagemakers, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Pagemakers macrumors 68000

Pagemakers

Anybody noticed that the tabs reload much more on the iPad in iOS 7?

It's driving me crazy. I've closed all tabs. Rebooted and it's still terrible.

iPad Air

2. Parise macrumors 6502a

Parise

Don't close Safari for more than 2 seconds then. :p

But seriously, yeah. Its driving me nuts too. iPhone 5s and new iPad Mini.

3. Pagemakers thread starter macrumors 68000

Pagemakers

You don't even have to leave Safari. You just need to view a couple of pages in another tab.

It was never this bad in iOS 6. Now each time you return to a tab it almost always refreshes. If you were viewing a website that requires a login, you get booted out on the refresh :mad:

4. Devilstower macrumors newbie

Safari definitely in need of an update

Not only are tabs reloading MUCH more frequently than under iOS 6, I'm having 10x as many crashes. Plus, I'm seeing issues with some sites (such as gMail Mobile) where the edit page gets loaded "under" the top page, causing the page to become non-functional (and frustratingly, in this case reven reloading the page doesn't seem to make it straighten up, I have to close the whole tab then open it again... and hope).

It's gotten to the point where I just expect to fall to the home screen about every third page load.

5. Parise macrumors 6502a

Parise

It's crazy how much it crashes. I honestly have to check my device every time it does to ensure myself I'm not running the 7.1 beta. Nope, version: 7.0.4.

I'm completely baffled by the fact that this hasn't been fixed.