Ipad Safari

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bripowel, Jul 24, 2011.

1. bripowel macrumors newbie

Just got an Ipad yesterday and was wondering if there is a way that you can make it not use safari mobile. Wanting to access some websites but don't want them to be the mobile version. Someone please help.

2. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

On some websites - there is a button on the site to switch back to the full version of the site.

On other websites - the only way to get to the full version of the site from a mobile browser is to have the browser "identify" as a desktop browser instead.

Safari doesn't allow you to change what it identifies itself as. Some of the third party browsers in the App Store do.

For example, I use Terra Web Browser (free in the App Store) and it has options to identify as:

• iPad Safari Mobile
    • Mac OS X Safari 5
    • Internet Explorer 6
    • Internet Explorer 7
    • Firefox 3.6

3. bmacir, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011

bmacir macrumors 6502

I use Atomic web (Skyfire does the job, but Atomic web is cheaper). It works great. Also has real tabbed browsing feature which I find great.

4. bripowel thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice. Aim still playing around with it. The reason i asked the question is that my little girl like to play games on Disney.com and she has been playing them on my Mac pro. I wanted her to play them on my iPad but it always pulls up the mobile version.

5. bmacir macrumors 6502

Well if that's the case I would ditch Atomic web and download a couple of the dedicated apps out of the million in the app store. Maybe you can start with this...

6. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

You should be honest here if you need help. It's okay if you're addicted to Pooh Bear but blaming an innocent little girl is not winning you any friends or favors.. :rolleyes: