iPad ipad: samsung s-pen anytime soon?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by yth, Jun 11, 2013.

1. yth macrumors member

hey everyone

i'm having trouble deciding b/w the ipad and a samsung tablet. i tried the s-pen and it's way better than anything on the ipad. sales guy said this is because of its digitizer?

anyway, i like iOS, but the styluses on the ipad are terrible compared to the samsung. i plan to take a lot of notes. so my question is - will the ipad 5 get an "s-pen", or should i just buy the samsung and deal with its OS?

thanks!

2. danahn17 macrumors 6502

I have both an iPad and a Samsung Note 10.1.

The Note's stylus, with it's Wacom digitizer, is superior to the iPad in all ways if you want to handwrite things. I tried using the iPad in a note-taking heavy capacity with a stylus and it was tough....

That being said, I recently bought the Adonit Jot Pro stylus and it's IMO the best stylus you can get for an iPad. Still not as good as the Samsung, but it does a very respectable job for sketching and such. I haven't used that stylus for note taking so I can't comment on that. Regardless, I doubt Apple will put in a stylus into their next generation of iPads though so if you go with the iPad, get the Jot Pro.

Ironically, at the end of the day, I decided to put down my iPad/stylus and even my Note 10.1 and just use pen and paper. Go figure. lol.