iPad screen blurry

Discussion in 'iPad' started by risenshine85, Mar 22, 2012.

1. risenshine85 macrumors regular

I am not sure if any of you noticed it, or maybe it is my piece.
    The videos on my iPAD screen are to some extent blurry. In other words, they do not seem sharp enough. So far I have only tried the ones on Netflix, and YouTube -- is it cuz they both aren't HD?

2. WalledMacGarden macrumors regular

This is not defect on your iPad, it's just the fact that lower resolution screens will make lower res images and video "look" sharper. With higher resolution, high dpi screens, low res images are scaled which can make some images look less sharp.

Someday when all desktops and devices adopt high resolution, high dpi, the content will follow.

Netflix is working on adding hd streams, but it's going to a long time before websites upgrade images due to having to store both low and high res images. A simple page that was 3mb, will be double, so bandwidth cost will also play a roll as a highly active site could double its bandwidth usage.

Also us the user will be doubling our bandwidth if all sites upgraded.

I don't find it to be too bad, right now I would rather the websites I vist just do minor upgrades, say moving to SVG for graphics, but leaving images the same...for now.