iPad screen care

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Elfonzos, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Elfonzos macrumors newbie

Anybody got any tips for me? I have a 3rd generation iPad bought 2 weeks ago had a screen protector on but took it off recently I have a smart case so am I fine or should I get another screen protector? Also I occasionally use my fingernails to write on my iPad, can this scratch the screen? Thanks!

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

I always put a screen protector on all my devices. Not only for the added protection but also because of accidents. I recently had a small screwdriver slip out of my hands while having my iPad resting on my thigh. The pointy end of the screwdriver hit the screen and damaged the screen protector.

Those kind of things are rare but here's another reason why I like to use a screen protector. It slightly enhances the contrast of the screen. Either way if you are careful with things you should be OK.

You'll hear both sides as to whether you should use one or not. ;)

3. jdcell100 macrumors regular

The day I bought my new iPad 3 4g I ran up best buy all excited bought it flew home on way home I open box take out iPad pull up to house run in and iPad flies out of my hands hits door I was freeking out pick it up look at screen see massive scratch through the whole screen I was almost in tears then I see it had screen protected on from apple ( the film that comes on new products) I peel it off and scratch was gone I imeditly ran back to best buy and had them put on zagg hd screen protecter you can't even tell there's a screen protecter on it

4. Elfonzos thread starter macrumors newbie

Might I add I am very careful and cannot afford an expensive cover

5. Rodster macrumors 68040

You can buy screen protectors for $1.67 from http://monoprice.com ;)

6. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

I purchased the original iPad the first week they went on sale and have never used a screen protector or a case and my screen is in perfect condition.

7. number84 macrumors 6502

I am another one that gave up on screen protectors. The feeling without is so much better (subjective, I know). Besides, as I've said many times before, tablets don't get put in pockets with keys/coins/etc. like phones do. So, if you have a smart cover, case, or something similar, you'll be fine.

Sure, accidents can happen, but that's life.

8. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

And that's what AppleCare + is for. Debating taking off the screen protector myself.

9. Rodster macrumors 68040

Honestly I have no tracking issues using a screen protector. I'd rather install a screen protector rather than paying $100 for accidental coverage.

Again this is all subjective and there is no right or wrong in either decision.

10. dlmart2 macrumors 6502a

Wow. The prices here are incredible. Are they a reliable online retailer?

11. Rodster macrumors 68040

Yes they are a reputable online retailer and they ship fast. They are up there with Buy.com, Amazon.com and they have a no hassle return policy including no restocking fee.