iPad Screen Lock moved to Volume after latest upgrade

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by suegeuens, Dec 3, 2010.

1. suegeuens macrumors newbie

Hi all

I'd really appreciate some help if possible. I upgraded my iPad to latest software version last week and since then when I try to lock my screen (so that it does not keep going around) I found that the lock button on the right hand side now sets the iPad to mute or not.

What did I do wrong? Can I fix it?

Thank you

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Nothing you can do, Apple changed it.

In order to lock orientation, you now double-click home to bring up the task tray, then swipe th tray to the right, and tap the lock orientation button in the far left corner.

3. suegeuens, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010

suegeuens thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi there

That just sucks - why change something that worked!!!

Can you please just advise where "home" is ..... ? I'm at a complete loss where I am supposed to be looking for this - I really hate my screen swinging around all the time when I am busy!

Sorry for what may be a stupid question .... I tend to focus on the work, and not on looking at the iPad and finding out what it is does.

NEVER MIND - I found HOME ..... Boy am I blushing now .....

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Home button. That button you click to get out of apps back to home screen.

There's been lots of threads with people complaining about this change. Some people do find a mute switch useful, but quite a few people, incluing me, liked the old way.

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I liked the old way better. Now that they changed it back to the mute, they should at least fix the way the volume DOWN works, make it so that it doesn't go all the way down to 0 once you hold it down for more than 2 seconds. :mad:

6. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

You are Wrong.

Apple is right.

End of discussion :D

(Personally I think they should of added a user option, but there you go)