Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thalesian

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
First, apologies if there is an earlier thread with this issue discussed/resolved.

Love the iPad 3G (16gig) - but half the time I unlock the screen it shuts off again - without the iPad going in standby. If I hit the home button, the screen comes on just as the application retreats into the home screen. If I toggle the rotation lock, it comes back on as well. Does anyone else have those issue?:confused:

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
First, apologies if there is an earlier thread with this issue discussed/resolved.

Love the iPad 3G (16gig) - but half the time I unlock the screen it shuts off again - without the iPad going in standby. If I hit the home button, the screen comes on just as the application retreats into the home screen. If I toggle the rotation lock, it comes back on as well. Does anyone else have those issue?:confused:

this happened to me this morning for the first time, and hasn't happened again. but the same thing has happened to all 3 versions of my iPhone, so I wasn't worried when it happened to my iPad since they basically run the same OS. must be a bug, but it doesn't happen often enough for me to worry about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.